Possibilities: a way forward
Join ultra-marathon swimmer Susan Simmons, as she shares the inspirational and motivational story of how she faced adversity and overcame the challenges of swimming across the Juan de Fuca Strait with multiple sclerosis.
All though Susan didn’t complete her recent attempt at the world’s first ever double crossing of Juan de Fuca Strait she views the swim as her MOST SUCCESSFUL TO DATE. She sees the important life lessons that this “failure” taught, and the huge value it’s brought to her life.
Amongst other things, in this inspiring talk Susan talks about:
* The swim plan, what she was trying to achieve, and what was involved
* She’ll walk us through step-by-step how the day/swim unfolded
* How she set up the swim with media outlets for maximum exposure
* The MS Wellness aspect and importance of the swim
* How any of us can use RISK + BIG FAILURE to create SUCCESS
Journey to Namu
Ultra-marathon swimmer Susan Simmons shares stories of her adventures swimming through the Great Bear Rainforest – without a wetsuit.
Joined by Susan, the Spirit Orcas have started speaking about their adventures in the Great Bear Rainforest.
Cold Water Swimming Safety